Over the years, meditation has become a big factor that has affected the lives of a lot of people. It has become the tool by which a person can attain inner peace. Many experts have been lobbying for it as a method that can relieve tension and can also ensure that a person is kept at bay from a lot of illnesses.
A group of researchers from Georgia Health Sciences University has now shifted their focus from weight to another critical issue among black teens, heart health. Instead of taking the usual road of diet and exercise in curbing high rates of heart disease among African Americans, They are now adjudicating for the rile of meditation.
After doing a study on 62 black teens with high blood pressure, the researchers found that those teens that did meditation twice a day for 15 minutes had lower left ventricular mass than a control group. This is an indicator of future cardiovascular disease. The results of the study have been published in the journal Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. This states that fact that meditation is not only healthy for your mind but can also prove beneficial for your body.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki