A few days back, the Mayor of New York Michael Bloomberg said that he is going to ban fizzy drinks above 16 ounce in the state. Sole reason to take the decision was to bring a decline in the increasing obesity rates.
It seems that people living in New York are not happy with the decision and were of the view that Bloomberg is taking extreme steps to fulfill his promises. Recently, a poll was being conducted in which 500 adults surveyed, and 53% of them said that the idea is not a good one and Bloomberg should think some other way to bring a decline in the obesity rates.
However, 42% said that the idea is a perfect one to reduce the obesity rates. People, who favored the idea, were of the view that New York will become the first state in America, which has taken stern steps to reduce obesity in the country.
Marc La Vorgna, who is spokesman for Bloomberg, was of the view that they have seen the poll and reached at a conclusion that not all are against the decision and will take it in a positive way. It shall further be noted that grocery stores will not be affected with decision, as they are being run by the state government.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki