As per an Australian research, which has been published in the journal Food & Function it has been revealed that eating mangoes skin can help a person lose weight. The research, which was being taken out by a group of researchers from the University of Queensland, has also said that not every mango skin can help lose weight.
There are distinct varieties of mangoes that help a person lose weight. Researcher Mike Gidley was of the view that skins of Irwin and Nam Doc Mai varieties have certain compounds that reduces the effect of human fat cells.
Gidley said that it shall however be noted that if one eats wrong mango skin then the effect can be reversed as well. He further affirmed that the next thing in the pipeline is identify the molecules in the skin that can reduce the fat cells formation.
“These results suggest that differences in the phytochemical composition between mango cultivars may influence their effectiveness in inhibiting adipogenesis, and points to mango fruit peel as a potential source”, said Gidley.
Detailed chemical analysis needs to be done, as mango is quite a vital fruit. Gidley said that it is the first time that it has been revealed that mango skin is also beneficial.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki