As per a research, it has been revealed that eating skin of Irwin and Nam Doc Mai mango will help in reducing weight. The research was taken out by a group of researchers from University of Queensland, who revealed that eating skin of some mangoes can help in reducing weight.
It shall however, be noted the effect can be totally opposite if one consumes skin of different mango variety. Researcher Mike Gidley was of the view that the Kensington Pride mango has the capacity to increase fat cell growth. Therefore, its skin should not be eaten.
Gidley said that it is not the end of the study, and they have to conduct a lot of research before they can conclude anything on the subject. He further that the next step in the research will be to identify the useful molecules that can repress the fat cell formation.
"We know mangoes have many excellent nutritional properties but more work needs to be done to understand the complex natural compounds found in these and other fruits", said Gidley.
It is said that this is the second study being conducted by Australian researchers in which they have talked about things that help reduce weight.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki