It has been recently revealed in a report that people who are vegetarians are at a lower risk of contracting heart diseases. It is known that eating vegetables tends to decrease the risk of a number of diseases, and heart ailments here are no exceptions. For the people eating their broccoli, and cabbages more than meat, the chances of leading a healthy and life for a longer time are brighter.
"The evidence is quite good that people who follow a vegetarian diet are likely to have less heart disease, less colorectal cancer, less type-2 diabetes and they're less likely to be obese”, said nutritionist Rosemary Stanton.
Dr. Stanton is of the view that this new research shows how eating veggies and fruits can be the best way of leading healthy lives. One needs to understand that eating too much meat might also be harmful for their health and it might seem to inflict people with a number of diseases in the time to come. This calls for the need for more efforts to be made by the authorities to make people aware about the benefits of being a vegetarian.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki