It has been recently revealed in a report that the kids that are born before their due dates are usually the ones that can fall prey to a wider range of mental health disorders. It is being said that the kids that are premature might fall prey to a range of mental disorders by the later stages of their lives such as depression, bipolar disorder and so on.
The researchers confirmed the same after looking at records from about 1.5 million people. There is however need for more research to be done to find out why this is so and what is the real link between these changing biological traits for different people.
`We believe that the increased risk of mental disorders in those born very prematurely can be explained by subtle alterations of brain development. The immature nervous system in those born prematurely is particularly vulnerable to neonatal brain injury resulting from birth complications", said Dr Chiara Nosarti, of the Institute of Psychiatry and lead author of the paper. It remains to be seen if doctors might somehow help in changing this scenario in the time to come, and whether or not the premature birth children's health can be safeguarded better.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki