It seems that it would take some more time before the scar of Pertussis, or whooping cough, would leave the turf of Oregon. It has been reported recently that two elementary school kids along with a high school staff member have been identified with the same, thereby sending the warnings signals in the society.
The note worthy point is that the disease could affect infants to extreme level and that’s what makes things all the more sensitive for the concerned authorities. Not even this, Sen. Maria Cantwell has called for help so that this issue can be controlled within safe limits else results can be serious.
If recent reports are to be referred, as many as 149 confirmed or probable cases have come to light in Oregon, and even in Washington State by April 28, minimum 1,132 such cases have been reported. Such statistics have certainly made it clear that steps are required to be taken so that situation can be contained within limits.
There is need for hygiene standards to be maintained so that the current situation can be at least stabilized. Moreover, there is need for one and all to understand the relevance of vaccine which can actually keep kids away from the risk.
While words of caution are being heard, there is need for practical moves to be made in the same direction.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki