As per reports, it has been revealed that brain tumor surgery is going to take place on May 9 which will be live-tweeted. Surgeon Dong Kim said that he will be taking out the surgery with his team at Houston's Memorial Hermann hospital.
The surgery will be taken out on a 21- year- old woman, who has been suffering from cavernous angioma. Kim said that social media has become one of the essential tools to connect with the outside world.
He further affirmed that people will be able to see operation live feeds, photos, and tweets. It is not the world's first live-telecasted surgery as the same team has already conducted the world's first live-tweeted open heart surgery some three months back.
"We think that by providing this up-close glimpse of the OR, we can educate the public, particularly future patients, about what happens during brain surgery, about what to expect", said Kim. He further affirmed that it will be the first time that news feed will be provided along with the photos and tweets.
Betsy Gelb, who is a marketing professor at a University of Houston, was of the view that the procedure will serve as more than a surgery.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki