It has been recently revealed in a report that zinc might help in shortening the time duration for a common cold in people. Zinc supplements might help the body fight the bout of cold earlier than the time would've taken without it.
This is because it strengthens the immune system of a person and helps in taking adequate car of the body while it is suffering from this immune system breakdown, which might have further infection changes for the body.
This was revealed according to a study done by a team of researchers, who is of the view that zinc supplement tablets might be able to help the body in regaining the lost strength and good health earlier than what it might otherwise take.
"Although oral zinc can impact the duration of [the] common cold in adults, there is not enough evidence to recommend its use in children, and only a weak rationale for its use in adults", said researcher Michelle Science, MD.
It remains to be seen how this vital research information can be further utilized to form a newer mode of treatment for the common cold, so that it doesn't progress further and makes one more ill.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki