Research findings have suggested that curry contains an ingredient, which is capable of treating people diagnosed with bowel cancer. It has been discovered that the chemical can kill tumors of the specific disease.
Many studies have proposed that chemical, Curcumin, which is present in turmeric, can be beneficiary for many health ailments. It has been exaggerated that the chemical had the potential to fight cancer cells grown in a laboratory. Moreover, it has been recommended that the ingredient can help deal patients who had a stroke and even demented people.
However, further tests of Curcumin are being conducted at a hospital in Leicester. It has been reported that during the trial session, patients with bowel cancer will be given curcumin along with chemotherapy sessions.
Chemotherapy drugs have been long since given to patients with bowel cancer, but it has been revealed that about half of the patients’ bodies don’t respond to this drug. As a consequence, it has become difficult for the doctors to treat patients with the disease.
However, the trial at the hospital, in which 40 patients will be taking part, is a ray of hope for not only the doctors but also the patients. During the trial, patients will be given curcumin pills for a week before being subjected to chemotherapy drugs.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki