As per recent findings, it has been illustrated that England residents are unaware about lung cancer. Majority of them are unconscious of symptoms related to the disease. Statistics put forth by government reveals that only one in
10 people are aware that cough lasting for three weeks, is a major factor related to lung cancer.
It has been exclaimed that despite, acknowledging the fact that majority of people die each year in England due to lung cancer, people have least knowledge regarding the disease.
However, to raise awareness regarding the issue, government has launched a campaign. It has been reported that Ricky Gervais and Lynda Bellingham, will be launching an advertisement on Tuesday to spread awareness regarding the lung cancer and also will emphasize that early diagnosis of the disease can help save lives.
Health Minister Paul Burstow asserted that lung cancer is a major concern at present, as many lives are lost due to the disease, still people are not aware of it.
He said, “The earlier lung cancer is diagnosed, the better the chance of survival. The message from this campaign is simple; if you have a persistent cough for three weeks or more, visit your GP”.
He exaggerated that he is hoping that with this campaign as many as 1,300 lives can be saved each year.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki