It has been recently revealed that British Gas started providing the smart meter some two years ago. It was done to make sure that they remain winner in the field.
The meters, provide automatic readings of energy usage to suppliers, was found to be good enough till the time, it was found that the gas officials have found some faults in the meters. As per their guidelines, there should be meters, which should have a higher technical specification.
The British Gas said that they were expecting that they can be pin pointed on it. But they took a chance on it, but now the British Gas spokesperson has said that they will be replacing the smart meters and that as soon as possible.
The British Gas spokesperson further affirmed that they have started replacing the meters and it seems that now no problem will come. They further affirmed that the new replaced meters meet the rules of guidelines and there will be no need of replacing them till 2019.
In addition, it has also been found that some changes have been introduced in the current Energy and Climate Change, and as per them, suppliers need to take prior permission for supplying smart meters.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki