It has been recently revealed in a report that the Clonakilty ‘Calendar Girls’ have been able to raise a sum of €24,000 for charity. They have been able to garner this huge sum of money, gathering outside the Dunmore House Hotel recently.
This is all being done in order to help women suffering from breast cancer. It is going to help in further research and development of medicines for cancer. This was an initiative in which a nude photoshoot was organized by Pauline Lowney in the gardens of the Floraville House in Bandon. Models from different age groups, general people, came forward to become a part of this shoot, because of the noble cause it was meant for.
“We got an absolutely wonderful reaction from everyone, and we got some lovely compliments on the pictures. We have raised €23,800, and that’s not the final figure. We are expecting more money to come in, although this is the bulk of it”, she said.
This was a very positive endeavor and people bought these calendars like hot cake. This is why they have been able to generate that huge amount of money. It only reveals how more and more people are becoming interested in the cause and giving their donations as well.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki