As per reports, it has been revealed that Washington health officials have announced a significant rise in the number of whooping cases. They have asked parents to get their children vaccinated and has also urged adults to receive vaccination.
Health Secretary Mary Selecky said that they have never witnessed such a rise in the number of whooping cough cases. Official records have revealed that there have 640 cases in 23 different counties of the state. Most of the cases have taken place in Pierce, King and Thurston. For now, no death has been reported.
Among all the counties, Pierce County has registered maximum cases with the number reaching to 90 confirmed cases. Health department spokeswoman Bridget Vandeventer said that every year, they see a rise in the number of cases in Pierce County.
In addition, four cases have been confirmed in Thurston County. Thurston County Health Officer Dr. Diana Yu said, “We know there are more cases out there that aren’t identified or aren’t reported”.
Du further asserted that whooping cough or pertussis is a highly communicable disease and it takes a lot of time to know that a person has been suffering from it. In many cases, it is even possible that medical test report comes negative at the time when a person is suffering from it.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki