A new research has showed that Americans consume 130 pounds of sugar in just one year. The amount of sugar consumed by the Americans is astonishingly high. Previous studies have also showed that Americans have been consuming more than the required quantity of sugar, salt and fat.
Dr. Robert Lustig from the University of California noted that the high level of sugar in the food is one of the reasons behind increasing rate of obesity. While commenting on the findings of the research, Dr. Robert Lustig said, “They are basically equivalent. The problem is they're both bad. They're both equally toxic”.
Previous studies have also showed that the food manufacturers are not keeping a tab over the level of salt and sugar of their food products. Obesity is already a greater health issue in America. Authorities have been urged to keep a check over the level of sugar and salt being provided by the food manufactures.
Obesity has been linked to life threatening diseases by health experts. Besides, it has come to light that food manufactures are reluctant to accept that their food products contain higher levels of sugar. It is hoped that the authorities would take a serious note of the findings.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki