It has been recently revealed in a report that the T-Mobile company is all set to fire about 1900 people from jobs at their call centres. It was revealed by the senior executive for AT&T, Mr. Jim Ciconi.
However, it was revealed that these layoffs could’ve well been averted had the Federal Communications Commission agreed for merger between the two firms. This is one reason for so many people being tendered jobless by the firm in the time to come.
“The FCC may consider itself an expert agency on telecom, but it is not omniscient. And when it ventures far afield from technical issues, and into judgments about employment or predictions about business decisions, it has often been wildly wrong”, revealed Cicconi.
Had the merger been approved, there wouldn’t have been so many problems being faced by the people losing their jobs in this highly unstable economic time in the world. There is need for efforts to be made for stabilizing their needs and providing them with some other alternatives after taking their jobs from them and making them socially vulnerable. It remains to be seen what the authorities do in this regard in the near future.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki