Hyundai & ARK Performance to produce special version of Veloster 3-door coupe
Korean car maker Hyundai has joined forces with car parts supplier ARK Performance to produce a special "tuner" version of its Veloster 3-door coupe.
The rally-inspired version of Veloster will be unveiled during the upcoming Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) event.
To appeal to young drivers and car hobbyists who hunger after sharp handling and quick acceleration, the special Veloster will be adorned in a bright green & flat gray paint scheme.
The list of upgrades includes numerous new suspension & exhaust-system parts, and a turbocharger which provides a boost to the engine to 210 horsepower. The modified vehicle will also feature new exterior lighting, side skirts, front & rear bumpers, plus a rear spoiler.
ARK Performance's owner Ted Lee said that Hyundai's Veloster would definitely be one of the star attractions at this year's SEMA show.
Speaking on the topic, Mr. Lee said, "Our ARK Performance Veloster will bridge the realm between an affordable sports car and an extreme motor sports vehicle."
The 2011 SEMA show is going to take place from November 1 through November 4 in Las Vegas
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand