Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation JDRF walk was organised close to Beutter Park in Mishawaka, wherein 14 students participated. The team was encouraged with huge support on Facebook and at the JDRF website.
Junior Gina O'Riordan motivated people to support the walk and was engaged in walk events since childhood; he took it to grade school then ended-up starting at the high school. After leaving high school Riordan joined Notre Dame's Diabetes Support Group. He has been taking part in the walk since last year.
Apart from the walk, the event also includes various other activities like games and providing massage for free of cost. Many organisations had also promoted their medicinal products meant for diabetes patients during the event. The players of a hockey team, female tennis players and female lacrosse group also participated in the walk. A charity of $2,000 was generated from the walk.
As per O'Riordan, "It's not one of those things you can look and know. I think once kids know that students and their friends have diabetes, they'll definitely come out and have a good time”. The Diabetes Support Group is going to hold a meeting on Sunday, 8 pm at Saint Liam Hall.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki