A group of researchers are working towards understanding as what causes a person to crave for food and alcohol. For the study, researchers from Aberdeen University are observing Galanin genes of human, which are said to be responsible for causing craving.
The researchers will also be studying the genes of chicken, dogs and monkeys to ascertain the cause of craving. Afterwards, the results would be compared with the results of human genes. It has been informed by the researchers that Galanin gene are located in the DNA however they don’t play any function.
The Galanin gene unlike other genes has not changed their activity in the past several years. However, after several studies, it was found that the gene was alone responsible for making one curve for delights. Meanwhile, Dr. Alasdair MacKenzie at British Science Festival has warned that genes can cause a number of diseases like diabetes and obesity in human.
To believe Dr. Alasdair MacKenzie 20 to 30% of people are at risk of developing such disease because of mutated genes. Researchers are currently working towards finding a treatment to cure the defective genes of our body. It is believed that if the genes are corrected then a number of heart diseases and depression could be cured.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki