It’s breast cancer awareness month in October and everyone is putting their best foot forward for it. Dove, the beauty brand, has made an announcement for their new fundraiser scheme, 'Dove Pink at the Pictures'. This is actually an initiative by the New Zealand Breast Cancer Association.
The organizers are of the hope that this event, which is going to be held on the 26th of October, at Event Cinemas in the whole country, shall be able to raise a sum of more than $100, 000. This sum shall be given for the research and development of treatment for the disease.
The event shall contain breakfast as well as movie at the cinemas and this would surely be able to garner crowd for the event, which would result in raising enough money for the event.
Sharon Parker, Unilever Marketing Director, says, "We are thrilled to be taking the Dove Pink activity countrywide. Our hope is that this event will bring together more New Zealanders than ever before in united support to win the fight against breast cancer”.
There are going to be DVD packs available for sale at these cinemas as well and the proceeds of the same would be sent for the noble cause. Dove has long been associated with the drive for breast cancer and comes up with new ways every year for the betterment of fundraising for the cause.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki