Research In Motion (RIM)’s BlackBerry Bold 9900 – which is the new BlackBerry OS 7 touting handset that was officially unveiled last week - will likely be released in the UK on August 16; with Vodafone UK having now made the handset available for pre-order.
The announcement about the pre-orders of BlackBerry 9900 implies that eager consumers can pick the handset up for free on a £41 per month two-year contract on Vodafone. As a prt of the deal, these customers will receive 1200 minutes, unlimited texts and 500MB of inclusive data allowance every month.
Along with boasting the new BlackBerry OS 7 operating system, the BlackBerry Bold 9900 will feature a 1.2GHz processor, and a 5-megapixel camera with 720p HD video recording capabilities.
While RIM also announced the BlackBerry Bold 9930 and the BlackBerry Torch 9850 – two of the latest handsets to ship with BlackBerry 7 OS -, the announcement about the forthcoming release of the Bold 9900 comes alongside the newest BlackBerry Torch 9810.
The Torch 9810 was introduced only this month, and it has already been conformed by Three as well as Vodafone that they will be adding the device to their portfolios. The handset is a touchscreen device that uses BlackBerry 7 OS, and, as per RIM’s claims, offers a balance between professional and personal life.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki