Renault provides a glimpse of its 2012 Twingo
French auto manufacturer Renault has taken wraps off its new Twingo that has been redesigned for 2012.
The next-generation Twingo is said to be the first in the range to adopt the French auto manufacturer’s new design identity, which provides it a brand new front-end look and a more radical change to its look than what can normally be expected from a facelift.
The French city car features a new front and an engorged Renault badge situated on the bonnet. The open mouth grill is rounder that what it was on the previous model.
The new car will come equipped with slightly modified headlights, and repositioned fog lights. The rims also get a new design, while the interior of the car will be better equipped.
However, the 2012 model will also get the same engine which is found in the current model, with the same 133 horsepower.
The 2012 Twingo will be introduced to the public at the Frankfurt motor show that is scheduled for 13th of September. The new car is expected to go on sale around the end of this year.
Renault has plans to launch an electric version of the Twingo sometime in 2014.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand