For long it was believed that ginger helps in keeping one’s stomach at ease but for the first time, researchers have found that ginger can prove helpful in repairing the side effects of chemotherapy upon a cancer patient. For more than 2,000 years, countries like India and China have been using the herb as a medicine. It is believed that soon doctors, from all over the world, will also be suggesting the patients to consumer ginger after going through chemotherapy.
Medical experts have unveiled that the chemotherapy causes nausea among cancer patients. Nausea is a stomach sickness which may cause vomiting, dry heaving, and overall sickness. The researchers have found that if a cancer patient is given ginger capsules for three days prior to and for three days after chemotherapy treatment, it reduces the side effects of the treatment.
The researchers have suggested that cancer patients after the chemotherapy treatment should be given high-protein shakes with ginger to comfort the sick stomach of the patients. Ginger doesn’t only keep one stomach healthy but it is also helpful in fighting against ovarian cancer. The doctors, after finding the usefulness of ginger, are recommending their patients to add ginger in their daily meal.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki