United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) along with its partners has launched a campaign to make the people aware about a few significant issues as the world population knocks 7 billion.
The main aims of this 7 Billion Actions campaign will be to indulge the young generation to bring changes in global politics and culture, to ensure safe birth and save life for every child, planning City Township for the coming generation, also the issues of poverty and inequality will be examined closely.
UNFPA India has also started with its share to make the people aware about these issues. The organization along with Cards4U has started distributing postcards for free which will make them aware about this agenda. The main aim is to target the youth of metropolitan cities. Also they will be initiating a Facebook page named facebook .com/7bclub, where people can be a part of debate and discussions.
UNFPA India is in talks with the FM channels and a few telecommunicating partners and soon they all can come up with new ideas that will make the people aware of the issues.
UNFPA India Senior Advocacy and Communications Officer, Rajat Ray stated that to ensure the global success of the campaign, work at the national level should be done in a proper way.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki