People's Association and the Taman Jurong Community Sports Club organized a charity race yesterday which bragged an amount of 6 million dollars. The collected amount will be used for care and treatment of cancer patients along with mitigating the impact of cancer in patient and his related people’s life.
The third annual "Race Against Cancer" was flagged by the acting Community Development, Youth and Sports Minister Major-General (NS) Chan Chun Sing. Sing also ran along with 7500 other participants and beneficiaries to boost up the morale of the overall event.
The race started at Jurong with 5000 participants running for five kilometers and ten kilometers race with people joining the noble event from places in between which increased the number of participants to 7500 by the finale of the charity race.
A total sum of 6 million dollars was raised from the event, including a 2 million dollars donation from the title sponsor SingTel. The society is expecting to raise 15 million dollars for this year.
The race will benefit 350 beneficiaries in total with the aim to lessen the impact of cancer in their lives especially for children and youth. Being appreciated by Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, he said, “It will become a signature event to be held every year”.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki