Virgin Media knocks £50 off its TiVo box’s price
Just a few months after the launch of TiVo box, Virgin Media slashed the price of the device from £149.95 to £99.95. Early adopters will also benefit from the decision as Virgin will credit them the difference on their cable bills.
A spokesperson for Virgin confirmed that the price of the TiVo box was slashed following a standard review of pricing.
Announcing the price hack, Virgin emailed its customers, “We know you bought our 1TB TiVo box for £149.95. Since then, we've dropped the price to a brilliant £99.95 to celebrate the launch of our new ad campaign.”
The company also said that they were refunding £50 to early adopters as they always aimed at providing customers with the best deal.
Virgin Media’s TiVo box is a triple-tuner PVR tracks users’ viewing habits and automatically records programmes that it thinks the users will like. It is capable of recording programmes on two separate channels while the user is watching a third channel.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand