No one takes care of care takers, as around one-third of the carers have been notified as being victims of miseries. The family carers sometimes face the assault by the hands of the ill or disabled people.
According to a survey, around 650 carers assault cases have been notified in New Zealand.
Chief Executive Laurie Hilsgen stated mainly the carers suffer from the problem of strains, sprains and back injuries and sometimes injuries from attack by the people they care for have also been notified.
Hilsgen said the problems of the carers have remained unrevealed. "There is a stereotype that if abuse is occurring, the carer must be the abuser because they are 'able-bodied'. But carers are victims too", Ms. Hilsgen said.
Age Concern Counties Manukau Chief Executive Wendy Bremner said that anxiety, stress and mental abuse are the basic problems that the carers suffer from.
In New Zealand, the economic value of their works is around $7 billion, as they come in the category of the largest health employees.
Around 40 not-for-profit organizations have come forward to favour the carers, and has initiated the campaign for social and political awareness. The campaign aims at the enhancement of the condition of the carers.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki