Auckland hotels are quite expensive for the shopping of stuff when compared with the other main places of New Zealand, notified a survey by Expedia.
The Expedia website equated the 10 holiday items of everyday use that are mostly bought by the travelers. The hotels of Auckland, Christchurch and Wellington were under scrutiny. The total cost of the 10 items in wellington Hotels was $93.35, in Christchurch hotels was $99.20 and was maximum in Auckland Hotels at $129.25.
The list of items included coffee and a bottle of water also. The prices of the items were calculated by taking out the average price charged by three, four and five star hotels.
Auckland, also known as city of sails, came out to be the cheapest country in terms of the prices of internet access, minibar spirits, hamburger and chips. But the visit from the airport to the hotel is very expensive in Auckland, which is an average of $63. Auckland charges the most in case of laundry.
Joana Barros, Senior Manager of Marketing at Expedia, said, "By pocketing the savings from no booking fees at Expedia, New Zealanders will have more choice to purchase the things they really want, as well as what they need when on holiday”.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki