The white version of Sony Ericsson Xperia Play smartphone is finally available via mobile phone operator O2.
The Xperia Play is available from almost all major UK mobile phone operators, including Tesco Mobile and Virgin Mobile, but the white version of the phone is exclusive to O2.
O2 is offering the phone for £300 upfront and starting tariff of £16.50 per month on a 2-year contract. The deal offers 500MB of data, 50 minutes and 250 texts per month.
While pay-as-you-go version costs £430, the cheapest tariff for free handset costs £37 per month.
However, T-Mobile’s offer is far superior that that of O2’s. T-Mobile is offering the Xperia Play for £25.54 per month with unlimited data, 600 minutes and 500 texts per month.
The device runs on Android 2.3, and comes equipped with a 4-inch touchscreen, 1GHz single core QUALCOMM Snapdragorn processor, slide-out PlayStation keys and a 5-megapixel rear-facing camera.
In addition, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is the first device that is Playstation Certified with five games preloaded.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki