Empathy is becoming elusive nowadays, as per Dr. Baron-Cohen, the Cambridge University psychology and psychiatry Professor, one of the world's top experts in autism and developmental psychopathology. The scientist has been digging holes into the persistent issue leading to street brawls to psychopathic killings to genocide across the world.
Moreover, Dr. Cohen is of the view that most of the people attribute any wrongdoing to evil very easily, though it’s not appropriate. Citing ‘lack of empathy’ as the potential reason of categorizing every crime, irrespective of the extent of severity, as hardcore crime, Dr. Cohen has iterated in his one of the book to rehaul the entire concept of the term “evil” and further, enlighten the dynamics of scientific theory surrounding it.
Moreover, Dr. Cohen is of the view that if the underlying factor of empathy is being addressed, then many of the long running conflicts just like the case of drift between Palestinians and Israelis can be resolved with mutual consent.
Further, Dr. Cohen has claimed that empathy is linked with components, including hormones, genes, environment, nurture, and early childhood experiences and thus, appeals for putting weight to the issue so that more scientific explanation can be given to the spiraling rate of crime in the world.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki