Chinese government is considering the idea of offering compensation to those people who voluntarily donate their organs. These benefits could be tax rebates, tuition for kids and funeral expenses or any other things. The news was revealed by China’s Vice Health Minister, Huang Jiefu while talking to the state news agency Xinhua.
The Chinese government is willing to establish a nationwide voluntary organ donation system. The government believes that the new plans will encourage more people to donate organs.
The new plans were not welcomed by the local people and other authorities. A Red Cross Spokesman said that the government must adhere to the Chinese traditions and should not follow Western methods.
The new proposal is expected to increase black marketing in the country. Paying for donated organs is illegal as it may initiate the selling of organs for money.
At present, more than 100,000 people are waiting for an organ donation in the country. According to the report of the Organ Procurement and Transplantation Network run by the government, eight people die every day waiting for a suitable donor. Only 10,000 people receive organs every year.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki