Howard Scott Warshaw’s Yar’s Revenge, which earned high acclaim when originally released for the Atari 2600 in 1981, is available once again in a new version on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360.
The remake of the classic title has undergone significant changes for the modern gaming generation. It bears almost no semblance to the original story, gameplay and art style.
The original title used to feature a player avatar on the left of the screen assaulting a boss unit on the right. The player had to break in before being able to wreak damage. The new Yar’s Revenge retains the shooting essence of the original game, but is almost unrecognizable as a successor of the Atari 2600 classic.
Gameplay in the updated & refreshed title mimics games like star Fox and Space Harrier. The title doesn’t feature that much great graphics, but it indeed features a colorful and inventive style.
Unfortunately, one level seems much the same as the next. Locations are varied but none of them is predominantly striking. Like the classic title, the refreshed game also features short-stock of enemies.
Refreshed title will come soon to PlayStation 3 and PC also.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki