A ruling by a Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal has revealed a case of medical misconduct of a Hamilton doctor, Dr. Suresh Kumar Vatsyayann. As per the reports, Dr. Suresh has been deliberately enrolling patients in his Family Clinic without taking their consent.
Moreover, the accused allowed his unqualified wife to assist him in treating patients for cervical smear tests, contraceptive injections and vaccinate children putting the life of patients under threat.
Moreover, Chief Executive, Craig Climo has managed to clutch $150,000 from a possible $350,000 amount paid by patients.
One of his patients, Gloria Duncan-Kiriwera was reported to be in shock as Dr. Vatsyayann has been very kind to her when she went for treatment of her 13-year-old daughter.
Moreover, Ministry of Health has seized documents of many patients from the clinic and further, asserted that 269 patients were enrolled unethically in 2007.
With the serious charges revealed by the tribunal, the New Zealand Health Practitioners Disciplinary Tribunal is pondering over imposing ban on the medical practices of the accused.
Responding to the suspension order by the Chairman Graeme Milne, Dr. Suresh criticized the board of following racism and further, claimed that the record of enrolled patients was due to technical glitches in the computer system.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki