The latest version of Mozilla’s Web browser, Firefox 4, has come almost two years after the launch of Firefox 3.5, but the long wait didn’t disappoint as the latest version offers some much demanded features.
Firefox 4 is available for multiple platform including Windows, Mac OS and Linux. It comes with a redesigned clean user interface, hardware acceleration and built-in sync. It supports technologies like WebGL, HTML5 and CSS3.
The tab-wrangling prowess of Panorama and the multicomputer synchronization power of Sync also make the new Web browser smarter.
According to Mozilla’s claims, Forefox 4 racked up 7 million downloads in only 24 hours after its launch on March 22.
Firefox has around 21% of the Web search market. Microsoft’s IE is still dominating the market with around 60% of the market.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki