Breast cancer has been a reason of concern for the authorities. The main problem is that women do not get the required regular checks done. By the time the breast cancer is diagnosed, it is too late. In most of the cases, a cancer patient gives up hope and loses the desire to live and fight the cancer.
In the case of Deborah de Williams, the story has been completely different. She is a 41 years old Tasmanian. She is the brave woman who fought breast cancer and did not give up hope. Even after the battle with breast cancer and a broken foot, she had pledged to run for 400 days around the country. She will be running 50 kilometers every day.
She is running around the country to collect fund for the National Breast Cancer Foundation. She aims to raise around $300,000 for the foundation.
She is accompanied by her collie Maggie. Her intention is to make women suffering from breast cancer understand that they should never give up hope.
She has already completed 363 days of the run and is expected to be back home in April. She is the perfect example of determination, courage, spirit and a beautiful soul. She wants to make sure that the women are aware of the symptoms of breast cancer.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki