A recent announcement by the Health Ministry has stated that doctors are allowed to study Traditional Chinese Medicine. However, it has warned that such qualified physicians will not be allowed to practice both the professions from the same clinic.
Apparently, a doctor wanting to practice the subject will have to set up another facility. Apart from that, all such setups will be regulated by the TCM Board. According to the information available such courses witness the enrollment of at least a dozen doctors.
It needs to be kept in mind that TCM clinics have been growing in popularity over the past couple of years. ENT Tan Nam Guan happens to be among the medical professionals who provide such services at his clinic. A minute in his clinic and it is not hard to witness a number of patients sitting in the waiting area with pins poking into their bodies.
Talking about acupuncture, Dr. Guan informed that he never promised his patients that acupuncture provided sure shot treatment. Though, he did say that acupuncture was beneficial for their health.
The Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners Board has certified only 97 doctors till date and Dr. Tan happens to be one of them. Out of the 97 certified doctors, 88 happen to possess a practicing certificate. However, it is not yet known how many actually practice this subject.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki