The PlayStation Phone is expected to be launched in USA this spring on the Verizon Wireless network.. This phone is officially known as Sony Ericsson's Xperia Play.
This announcement was made by Sony Ericsson at the Mobile World Congress on Sunday in Barcelona, Spain. The price of this phone is yet to be known. It has disclosed that, this first PlayStation Certified smartphone would run the latest version of Google's Android operating system.
The display of the Gingerbread version 2.3 is four-inch with multi-touch screen and a camera of 5.0 megapixels. Moreover, when the game pad is slide open, there's the familiar D pad, four PlayStation control buttons, two touch pads with two shoulder buttons.
There are some extra terms for the Xperia Play phone. It includes Qualcomm's Snapdragon processor with a 1 GHz CPU and Adreno GPU graphics processor set in so as to promise smooth 60 frames per second gameplay video.
It is expected that during its opening launch there would be more than 50 games offered.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki