According to a new research, which was conducted by researchers in New Zealand, if a child is drinking a glass of milk everyday for six continuous years then he is 40 percent less likely to suffer from bowel cancer as an adult.
Professor Brian Cox, who led the research, believes that it’s the calcium which does the job as it helps in destroying cancer cells. Bowel cancer is a malignant disease which causes 16,000 British people every year.
Parts of the body which break down the food we eat are most prone to the risks of this cancer. Two major parts of bowel are colon and rectum. That is the reason behind its name, colon cancer.
This study highlights that school milk is quite useful for a child as it makes sure that he is getting the needed supply of nutrients. Dr Judith Bryans, Director of the Dairy Council, believes that one glass of milk has the same amount of calcium as a kilogram of spinach.
On the other hand, a spokeswoman for Cancer Research UK said: "The best ways to reduce bowel cancer risk are to keep a healthy weight, drink less alcohol and be physically active”.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki