Moscow has decided to close all the schools. At least in two other Russian cities are also going to do the same. This is due to the major flu outbreak in these cities. It has mostly affected the youth. This has been stated by the media reports on Saturday.
Grades one to eight in all the schools of Moscow were closed on Monday and it will be reopened after a week. A spokesman for the city's education department has announced this news.
An official at Moscow's health control service has recommended closing the schools on Friday. He has said that even today, 50% of the students were absent in the class.
In Moscow nearly 92,000 people are suffering from disease like the flu or respiratory infections currently. Out of them more than 52,000 are children. This statistics was provided by Leonid Pechatnikov who is the Chief of the city's public health department.
The local administration officials have also informed that, the week-long close down will also affect the industrial Ural city of Chelyabinsk and Russia's northern Far East town of Yakutsk.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki