Proprietor of Queenstown Midtown Medical Centre to File Law Suit against Staff
Owner of the Queenstown Midtown Medical Centre, Greg Roberts, has announced that he will be filing a case of breach of privacy and restraint of trade action against Dr. Bruce McKinnon, a Contract General Practitioner at the medical facility. According to Roberts, Dr. McKinnon had drawn the final straw on New Year's Eve.
Though, in a letter that was written on the 5th of January by Dr. McKinnon, and addressed to the 500 patients of the hospital, it was stated that he, GP Margaret Blanshard and three other staff members did not agree with the working style of the facility's owner. The letter further informed that the four did not intend to continue working there.
However, it was also written in the letter that the four were committed towards providing care to the residents of Wakatipu. It was further written that the four will try to get everything resolved as soon as possible and return to practice in a matter of a few weeks.
Meanwhile, the O'Connell's Mall has been shut down for the time being, with Dr. McKinnon's name being removed from the signboard on the window. In a word shared with the Otago Daily Times, Dr. McKinnon informed that his lawyers had advised him not to comment on anything surrounding the issue.
- Nikola Motors puts hydrogen fuel-cell semi truck Badger project on back burner
- BMW expands vehicle recall over battery issue to more than 4,500 U.S. plug-in hybrids
- Karma Automotive announces attractive price tag & unique features for upcoming GSe-6 electric sedan
- Twin River acquires iconic Bally’s brand from Caesars Entertainment for $20 million
- Wynn Resorts’ Encore to close for 3 days a week due to low demand