University of Otago academics are balanced to lead an important position in the way backing for science and innovation is settled in the coming three years.
The Government has shaped the science panel and the innovation panel as element of the latest Ministry of Science and Innovation.
The science panel shall assign science financial support to research organizations. The innovation panel shall design financial support conclusion linked to business- slanting programs. Vice-chancellor, Prof Sir David Skegg from the University of Otago will chair the science panel. He has been selected for three years.
Dr Skegg has a global standing for scientific research and was honored the Royal Society of New Zealand's Sir Charles Hercus Medal during 1999. He is giving up work as vice-chancellor on July 31.
Deputy vice-chancellor research and enterprise, Prof Harlene Hayne, at the university and deputy chairwoman of Otago Innovation Ltd, will operate on the innovation panel. Prof Hayne has been selected to the panel for two years.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki