The year 2010 was definitely a good one for the health of a lot of Americans, and leading the way to tackle various health problems in the nation was the US Department of Health and Human Services. The government had successfully implemented more stringent marketing rules on tobacco Companies, while at the same time food safety was given its due importance as well.
The Affordable Care Act was also taken up this year, which would make it compulsory for Americans to have health insurance by the year 2014.
The Secretary for Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius informed that the recent bills will help the government in improving public health and the past year had appositive impact on the health of Americans. She said that she was proud of the latest achievements and also commended the efforts that had been pitched in by people working for the departments.
She said HHS has resolved that it will continue to deliver the work it had carried out in the previous year.
Though, public health was given priority in the year 2010, and a great deal of work has been accomplished, especially on papers. But, there are still a lot of things in public health that need to be taken care of.
According to data released by the Kaiser Foundation, it has been found that 50-million Americans still lacked insurance. Though, a lot of states in the nation were able to forward insurance coverage to children and were duly awarded for their efforts.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki