The Tillegra Dam project has been termed to be an `ill-conceived' project by the NSW opposition which says that it is happy with the government's decision to not go ahead with the project but they still want the Labor to estimate the amount of money wasted on it.
Opposition Leader Barry O'Farrell said, "Given their plan to build the Tillegra Dam was announced over four years ago and met with fervent opposition from the community since then, the Keneally Labor government is playing catch-up and has demonstrated how out of touch the NSW Labor machine is."
The rejection of the project was announced this week by the premier who said that the government has turned down the proposed $477 million Tillegra Dam in the Hunter area.
The opposition was extremely happy when she made the announcement and said that it was shown by the long-running state assessment that it was not feasible for the area.
She agreed that the region definitely required a water supply since it was short of it but the dam project was not the right way to go about it.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki