In a move which will promote higher-quality content on the News Feeds of Facebook users, the social network has revealed in an earlier-this-week announcement that it is tweaking the News Feed algorithm so that high-quality news stories get more weight.
During the course of his speech at a conference in London on Monday, Google's executive Chairman Eric Schmidt said that the increasing use of social media in China will eventually result in liberalisation.
In a move which expands Twitter's ad targeting capabilities, the popular microblogging service has revealed in a Wednesday announcement that has introduced some changes which will enable marketers to target mobile ads by device, OS version, and Wi-Fi connectivity.
Social network Facebook said in an announcement made on Tuesday that it has overhauled its standalone Messenger app; and added that the availability of the updated app will initially be limited to the Android platform.
In response to the security concerns being raised about its last-week-launched Intro feature, LinkedIn has defended the new feature by asserting that much of the criticism of Intro is incorrect and "purely speculative."
According to the results of a new study conducted by the Pew Research Center, the biggest social network Facebook is not a platform which most news-seeking US adults generally go to. In other words, the study found that news is a common but incidental experience on Facebook.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki