Health Minister Tony Ryall released data about elective surgeries. One after the other report publicizes one thing and that is more number of elective surgeries are taking place and the waiting times are reducing.
According to latest report, government is offering an amount of $155 million to improve the conditions of the struggling Solid Energy.
A new hospital in Greymouth will be completed by late 2016. This plan has been announced by the government to spend $60 million for the reconstruction of the hospital.
The existing Grey Base Hospital would be swapped by this hospital, said Health Minister Tony Ryall. He said that the existing hospital has major seismic problem.
Recent news said that there would be faster treatment of cancer patients now. It has been done after the government came into the picture and unveiled some guidelines to deal with cancers such as bowel, breast and melanoma.
Sources suggested about the confirmation of a proposal presented to government of closing all the kitchens of the hospital and replacing them with the kitchen proceedings provided by foreign contractors.
The New Zealand government has announced an investment of $200,000 for investigating more efficient methods to curb the increasing cases of childhood asthma in the country. A research project will be carried out by the researchers of University of Otago with the announced funds in the planned time period of 18 months and will be due to finish in June 2014.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki