Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg announced a big donation of more than £850,000 for Sheffield's St Luke's Hospice. He made the announcement for the donation after taking a tour of the site in Whirlow. He viewed the progress of the building work so far including a new £5 million inpatient unit.
During a public gathering, the Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg expressed concern over the mental health of workers. He said that the organizations, especially employers, should pay special attention towards the mental health of the workers.
While there is hardly any doubt left that the controversial NHS reforms have put the British government in tight spot, it has even made them receive political wrath from all corners.
In open letters to the three party leaders - David Cameron, Nick Clegg and Ed Miliband -, social care leaders have cautioned that political in-fighting should be avoided and a consensus should be reached on the ‘long-term care’ funding when the Dilnot commission reports next month!
The Independent has reported that Nick Clegg has, in a letter to the Prime Minister David Cameron, said that till the government “substantially” changes its health reforms, he will not ask Liberal Democrat MPs and peers to support the move!
According to Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, even though the NHS overhaul will mark one of the most notable changes for the health services in the UK, the reforms were "not a revolution"!
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki