PEACH (Parenting, Eating and Activity for Child Health) is going to kick-start this month in Queensland. The program aims to educate parents as to how they can give a stiff fight to obesity from which their children are suffering.
As per recent reports, it has been unveiled that an experienced staff member at the Barrett Centre in Wacol, a Brisbane psychiatric facility for adolescents, has be asked to quit the job over allegations levied on him.
As per reports, the Labor and its State Opposition Leader has been blamed for the mismanagement of the Queensland Health by the Health Minister Lawrence Springborg.
A new report revealed that a plan to reinstate rural maternity services in Far North Queensland has received huge support. Therefore, Cape York women should now be a little relaxed. The women would no more need to visit Cairns for delivering their baby.
The Queensland Nurses Union (QNU) has posted a list of hospitals that are at risk of being sold, on its website. Not only this, the QNU has also carried out rally outside Townsville Hospital in which they have raised voice against possible privatization of many hospitals in Northern Queensland.
Concerns have been raised about the way Queensland has handled medical complaints. A report revealing the same was also tabled in State Parliament, which has left Health Minister Lawrence Springborg quite disappointed.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki