Expedia’s Chairman, Barry Diller, a media billionaire, has joined a host of companies that have planned to split and spin off units this year. According to reports, their plans to split into two publicly traded companies through the proposed spin-off of its TripAdvisor business, could help unlock value for the high-growth TripAdvisor travel site business as the company focuses on investing in products that will enhance its competitive positioning.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki