China-based device manufacturer ZTE said in an announcement on Monday that it is bringing the first smartphone running the new Firefox operating system to the US and the UK. The handset - the ZTE Open Firefox OS phone - will be priced at $80 in the US, and £60 in the UK.
UK mobile phone carrier Orange has announced that it would soon start offering a new Android-based smartphone, called Monte Carlo- a re-branding of Chinese manufacturer ZTE's Skate.
Good News USA
- AT&T closes its $1.2 billion acquisition of Leap Wireless
- Verizon announces new AllSet prepaid plans with rollover feature
- AT&T selects two trial locations to transition landline customers away from copper wire line
- Vodafone Foundation launches Instant Network Mini ‘mobile network in a backpack’
- Brunswick and South Morang phone and Internet users being urged to switch to NBN