Experimental Alzheimer's drug ELND005, at its mid-stage clinical trial, causes 9 deaths, forcing the pharma companies involved to drop the medicine all together. A product of Elan Corp and Transition Therapeutics Inc., the drug was soon to be launched in the markets. But doubts have been raised on this issue now.
The shares of both are being affected after this incident where Transition Therapeutics Inc. saw an all time low situation since 2002, and a fall of 2.3% was recorded by Elan shares.
Good News USA
- Vodafone NZ’s new ‘Red Home’ packages will offer UFB and 150 TV channels
- Vodafone NZ’s full-year profit plunged by more than two-thirds to $56 million
- Vodafone adding 34 European countries to ‘AU$5 per day’ international roaming option
- Telstra launches its new ‘Every Day Connect Data Share Packages’
- Voyager signs “multimillion-dollar deal” with submarine cable group Hawaiki